Some of you know me in real life (IRL as the kids are saying these days) but some of you don’t so I thought I’d share some things about myself so you can get to know me better!
- I’m a Mama and Wife. Those are my main priorities and my ‘job’. I love being a mom and consider it the most important thing I have done or will ever do. As Jackie O said, “If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much.”. And I couldn’t agree more. My husband and I have been married almost 18 years. We started young and have literally grown up together. He’s my lobster.
- I’m a Christian. I think the cool kids say “Jesus-follower” or something but I accepted Jesus as my savior, asked him to forgive me for my sins, and do my best to live my life according to the Bible. And that has had a bigger impact on my life than anything else. I was blessed to have made this decision very early in life and can see how otherwise I would be in a very different place. If you haven’t done that- you can do it now. Seriously. It’s that easy- a decision with eternal implications. More info HERE.
- I have moved around a lot. A lot. This has given me a heart for the “new people” wherever I am. I love welcoming people and helping them find where they fit. I greet visitors at our church, help new families at my kid’s school and if you move in on my street you will be getting a plate of cookies with my contact info. I hope that my “job” when I get to heaven (a long, long, time from now) might be greeting the new people.
- I don’t mind public speaking. If I have a presentation to give- no big deal. Now, a big room full of small talk though? Help me……
- My husband works in technology and is the first to have all the new gadgets. But I’m what he calls a “late adopter”. I’m the last straggler to jump on the bandwagon. Facebook, smartphones, Instagram- I don’t jump onboard until I can’t hold out any longer. Drives him crazy! I can barely even get my TV to work and often resort to asking my kids for help. My excuse is my brain is full. If I learn which HDMI I need to use for Apple TV I may forget our address.
- Texas is my happy place. I love traveling but also love coming home. To Texas. No other place is home to me. I wasn’t born here but got here as fast as I could!
- I still do things like eat too much cookie dough, sing loudly in the car and sometimes dye my hair colors rainbow colors. I’m still waiting for that “grown up” feeling I thought I would get by now. I may be a grandma with pink hair one day.
- I hate mornings and love sleep. When people brag about getting up early I feel confused. To me it’s like bragging about going to the dentist. I understand it’s sometimes necessary but don’t understand wanting to do it.
- Halloween and Independence Day are my favorite holidays. See above. Nighttime events! (notice I didn’t say most important fellow Christians).
- I’m left handed. Not sure that means all the things people say it does but 2 of my kids are too and we enjoy messing up dinner seating with our elbows.
Well, hows that for a start? Anything else you are dying to know? Ha!
Also, a little update on my freezer meal plan from my last post. It is THE BEST THING EVER. Seriously. We haven’t had fast food in a week and have eaten together every night. My kids are also eating so much healthier because chicken nuggets and french fries are not an option! (they were about to sprout feathers- I’m sure of it). They are on their second week of school and I really think it’s helped make evenings calmer. They can relax or do homework while I prepare the meal and get ready for bed while I clean up. So even though it is a lot more work for me, it’s good for the family. I really think I was just stuck in the “what should I make for dinner?” rut and having the meals already prepped and planned got me moving in the right direction. You could totally do that without subscribing to a plan but I think the plan made it less daunting for me.
Well, one more day until Friday! Hope this weekend brings fun and relaxation for you!